Thursday, June 24, 2004

Beyond the Blog

As I get back into blogging (read: procrastinating doing the stuff I should be doing)-- I've realised the limitations of the Blog. It needs to evolve into a collaborative publishing system.

Blogs should really fuse with Groups. Yes, I know you can scrapple together some stuff with RSS and multiple users on a given blog -- but I'm talking about actual publish -- with editorial staff.

Some blogs have made a pretty good attempt at it. Like BoingBoing. But it's not like reading the news.

In my ideal world, I would be able to read a paper assembled by all my friends. Full of their comments, neatly categorised into editorial compartments, like 'Technology', 'Arts & Culture'.

Again, the technology is there, but no one has made it into a neat little, easy-to-use, package like Blogger has done for blogs.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Beyond the Blog to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home