Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The Flat of Tomorrow - part one

Nico and I are creating the Flat of Tomorrow!

Full of networked, wireless, high-tech goodness.

I've just completed a big piece. I rigged Nico's desktop machine with a video card and firewire card. Then I connected the video-out into a device called 'One For All' which has a transmitter and receiver for composite video signals. So the video signal is then beamed from the mezzanine, down to the living room, mirroring the computer monitor display. I can then hook up my external hard-drive via the firewire ports.

Why do all this, you ask? To watch downloaded Anime on TV of course!!

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit The Flat of Tomorrow - part one to digg.com reddit

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kai said...

For future reference, for when we finally set up WiFi, this site has information on making it secure:

Practically Networked

 

Post a Comment

<< Home