Tuesday, July 06, 2004

And the Winner is...

Loz dug up this little gem: TextPattern. A really simple and intuitive PHP/MySQL based CMS system.

Small download, I got it up and running in minutes.

A little light on the documentation, but here are a few useful links to get started:

Textpattern 101
Textpattern tag manual for Impatient Users (that's me!)
and Kusor.com in general, has a bunch of helpful links on it.

But I was quickly brought down from the finding of such a beautiful, easily configurable system, when my link to administer my ClickAndBuild account. These shysters have hardly given me what I thought I was getting. Instead you get to choose from a series of horrible templates built out of tables, and it doesn't seem to be CSS based at all.

I'm sure I could spend weeks whacking it into shape... but I'm supposed to be getting out of the internet business. Why do they keep pulling me back in??

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit And the Winner is... to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home