Friday, July 09, 2004

Still searchin'

I'm not happy with TextPattern. It's like a heavy-duty blogging tool -- not a CMS. TextPattern should be fine for me to build my mother's site, but to use it regularly for all my web projects I would need to hack it to bits -- so what's the point.

Here are the criteria for my perfect CMS:

- Simple templates, with CSS support
- Intuitive admin system (although i'm willing to sacrifice this for the first point)
- PHP/MySQL based (in case I need to look under the hood).
- Well documented

So far, I've rejected Plone (too hardcore, and in python), Mambo (unintuitive templates), and TextPattern.

Now I'm looking at MySource Matrix. Looks very well supported and documented -- as seen by the flash tutorial. Let's give her a spin.

---

Also, this thread has been very helpful in helping me find new systems to look at.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Still searchin' to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home