Sunday, August 22, 2004

I was. I am.

I've been sorting my notes and journals from the past 4 years, and I came across an interesting question I had after reading Gentle Bridges on my trip around the world...

If all of my cells are renewed completely throughout the course of my lifetime is Kaigani the mind and body, or is Kaigani actually the information shared between neurons, as the brain continually reminds itself "I am." - ?

If that is the case, Death and Rebirth are not abstract, unknowable concepts -- we all experience it regularly. Every morning, perhaps.

My father, who turns 73 next month, told me while visiting last week "I feel like I've led a few lives in this lifetime."

Maybe he's right.

From this perspective, life is less about who you are and more about what you do -- what you create... what information -- which is a form of self, you transmit to other minds. Of course, an ex-information architect would thing that way, wouldn't he.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit I was.  I am. to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home