Thursday, August 26, 2004

Learning French ... again...

La Fontaine Fables
La Fontaine Fables, originally uploaded by kaioshin.
I've decided to start learning French again. Having a French flatmate, I'll never have a better opportunity to become fluent.

I did take 6 years in high school, but it's amazing how quickly that disappears. Never having been to France at the time, it seemed as academic as taking Latin.

I bought this beautiful book of Children's Stories. A friend of mine told me that children's books are a good way to learn a language. Last time I tried to refresh my memory, I picked up Nico's copy of L'Alchemiste, and was looking up every other word. Hopefully, I should make more progress with a simple children's vocabulary.

Besides, the illustrations are wonderful.

Book cover

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Learning French ... again... to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home