Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Problem with CMS designs

As I get closer and closer to building my own damn CMS -- I've realised a flaw in how people usually build CMS's.

I've realised this since Homebase actually, I'm surprised that 4 years later, the techies still haven't changed their thinking.

The problem is that since CMS systems are conceived from a data-up perspective, things like section pages don't actually exist. Section pages are created on the fly by tagged content.

Until now, I've taken for granted that section pages don't exist -- but why? When you are designing a site -- you think about the section page -- it's concept-down thinking.

True - section pages are meta-information, organisational data -- but most of what we use to make sense of the world is meta-information...

anyhow... will someone just build a sensible CMS so I can get on with my life?

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Problem with CMS designs to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home