Monday, August 30, 2004

Teaching an old IA dog new tricks

As an old (well, in internet or dog years) Information Architect, in my past life, I made a name for myself preaching the hierarchical dogma -- a page shall live in one place, and in one place shall exist that page, and the user shall see this and be pleased. And the user shall know other users, and they shall beget Traffic, and Traffic shall know Stickiness, and they shall beget Profit...

Ok, you get the point. Anyhow, Flickr is teaching me the ways of Tag-space. It's a scary world out there. A fluid universe without a True-North.

Today I learned that if I added 'Wasp' to my pictures instead of 'Wasps' there were other pictures who shared that photostream.

And I saw this. And I was pleased.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Teaching an old IA dog new tricks to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home