Tuesday, August 31, 2004

To Catch a Catchpole

I've been wondering if one of the reasons I feel so at home in England is due to the fact that my Great-Great Grandmother, Charlotte Catchpole, was English.

She moved to the US around, and eventually settled in Albany, NY, the time of the Civil War, but other than that, my family has no record of her. I think she had a brother that served in the Civil War, on the side of the Union, as well.

Perhaps I will be able to forge a link to our past while I'm here.

You don't have to believe in mumbo-jumbo for my first statement to be true by the way, mitochrondria are passed through the mothers' line, so there may be a very real genetic memory.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit To Catch a Catchpole to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home