Saturday, September 11, 2004

Ghost in the Banknote

I had this idea to help me with my personal budget. I'm going to print tokens representing £10 and £20 values, and then keep that in a card file.

Whenever I want to spend £20 on groceries, I'll move that token into the "spent" folder and I'll go get £20 from the ATM. (I think this was Jimmie's idea, actually)

So... I decided to make my tokens using greyscale versions of the actual £10 and £20 notes. My inkjet printer had other plans.

Apparently there is something encoded in currency that alarms printers, and they stop printing your images replacing them with the text URL -- www.rulesforuse.org

It's not like anyone would be fooled into thinking a greyscale inkjet note at 60% its original size was the actual currency... but hey -- that's big brother for you.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Ghost in the Banknote to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home