Monday, May 02, 2005

I'm a Pescetarian

Pronunciation: pes kuh tay' ree un.

I decided that I'm eating fish again. The main reason being, unlike red meat and poultry, I miss things like Sushi and smoked salmon.

I think it's worse for my psyche to say -- "oh... I really want that."

Besides, my vegetarianism came from the philosophy that I did not want to consume life as a pre-packaged product -- far removed from the original animal.

I used to go fishing as a child, so I can reconcile myself with the death of Fish.

Perhaps, I will return to vegetarianism if I can create or find a seaweed-based fish substitute.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit I'm a Pescetarian to digg.com reddit

4 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to become a vegetarian as I think eating meat is cruel to animals. All my friends eat meat as they say that that is how God intended it to be. I disagree. But recently while i have been toying with the idea of becoming a vegetarian I have realised that I do not think I would be able to live without fish which I love. What can I do? Is pescetarianism an option? What is the true meaning of the word?

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is thre anyone on the wbsite who can help me? Should I become a pescetarian or is it cruel to fish? What can I do?

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine, if nobody can help I will go to another site. I will check again later before I log off. Goodbye.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger William Aley said...

My partner is a Pescetarian, I am an avid SCUBA diver and while on dive trips tend to embrace eating as a Pescetarian. For health reasons I must consume a huge amount of protien to deal with side effects of the meds I take.
Compromises, life is full of them.
I once read that the first animal husbanded by early humans were snails and shell fish. Easy to gather, when fresh a good protien source. One should remain mindfull to consume with the least impact to the world, choosing which seafood becomes part of that solution. I don't know if clams, shrimp or talipia have souls but a cow does seem to have more life choices than clam. The next option would be insects and algae, I'm just not there yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home