Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Appreciating Bowie

I knew he was a genius, but I hadn't actually listened to him. It wasn't until I was watching an episode of Without a Trace, where the played Space Oddity, that I thought to download some of his tracks.

Maybe it's because I only knew his newer tracks -- and was less familiar with the music that came around when I was born.

But I'm loving the 72-74 Bowie.

And I'm also loving the internet ... how easy it is to take for granted the idea of 'I think of it -- I get it'

We're certainly approaching the Singularity. I can't imagine what the kids who will have grown up with the internet will be able to achieve. At the very least they will achieve new records in A.D.D.

Maybe the classroom of the future will rotate through subjects every 3 seconds:

"Hugenots came to protest the roman catholic church, and the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to 180 degrees. While helium, neon, argon and kryton are noble gases, mitochondrion are found in most eukaryotic cells. Pop Quiz!"

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Appreciating Bowie to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home