Monday, December 05, 2005

Lost & Found

So... where have I been?

Essentially, Limbo. What started as a few weeks to unplug from the internet and spend some time thinking about my business and career plans stretched into a few months and continued through nearly half-a-year (as you can see by my previous post from June).

Having been working on my own business for a year and a bit, I've realised why many people choose to launch a business with a partner. There's only so much thinking about strategy, planning and self-motivation one can do before starting to get diminished returns.

After a couple of DVD projects didn't get very far, I developed a magazine idea, but reached the point where I could see the amount of fundraising and tireless effort (with little foreseeable return) it would take to successfully launch, so I abandoned that.

I am happy to say, however, that I have finally reached the end of this long tunnel and I have a strategy and positioning for my company.

I will be developing and pitching consulting projects based on distributed media. In other words, I am interested in shaping how existing content producers, copyright holders and media outlets make use of the new channels afforded to them by technologies such as P2P internet and mobile devices (phone, iPod, PSP, etc.)

Wish me luck!

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Lost & Found to digg.com reddit

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Matt said...

good to have you back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home