Monday, December 05, 2005

My magazine idea

I mentioned before that I had a magazine idea that i felt was a no-go. Still, I thought it was a good idea, and I think someone will come to fill this gap in time.

The idea was to create a magazine called Downloader that would be a cross between RadioTimes, Broadcast and Wired.

The market gap I was hoping to exploit was the lack of coverage, in print, regarding downloaded media.

In the same way that RadioTimes shows what is available on TV and radio that week, and Broadcast reports the ratings of what was viewed over the previous weeks, I wanted to do the same for downloaded media.

In other words, you could read a review of the latest BBC Three comedy series being offered for free online. (In the past shows such as The Mighty Boosh, and Nighty Night were available). It would also cover internet shows such as Everyone Hates Chris.

I also wanted to cover the Grey Market. Providing an objective view of the semi-legal or illegal downloads that are taking place. Not with the goal of endorsing illegal downloads, but to shed light on the size and shape of a huge market so that media outlets would see the potential for expediting legal alternatives that actually work.

So there was the idea. I still think it could work, so if anyone out there decides to take this an run with it, at least offer me an editorial position.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit My magazine idea to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home