Monday, January 02, 2006

Games Round-up

GameTunnel lists their Top 10 Indie Games of 2005

I tried out the only two which caught my attentionDarwinia, a kind of poor-man's Pikmin. The graphics were neat, but I found the camera control confusing and quickly lost interest.

However I really enjoyed Weird Worlds 2. In part, because I had the exact same idea in my Apple IIgs programming days when I was 10. Of course, I wasn't blogging then, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

There was also a reference to the old NES game, River City Ransom -- a game I had been trying to remember the name of. I used to love this game and played it to death.

Noticeably absent from the list was RagDoll Kung Fu -- I wonder if the GameTunnel editors equate Indie with Amateur?

Indie games, the last shred of hope for truly unique games.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Games Round-up to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home