Saturday, February 18, 2006

The brrreeeport experiment -- was it worth it?

In case you thought I lost it two posts ago, rest assured. I was just taking part in an experiment having to do with that word -- and I promise I'll never use that word on this blog again.

I won't go into the details, there is plenty of noise in the blogosphere regarding the nature of that person's experiment.

I should say that the effect was similar to being listed on Digg.com -- it did boost traffic to this website as was suggested it would.

However, like Digg -- I'm not sure the this type of traffic is 'good' traffic. Like ambulance-chasers, this group of meme-chasers is looking for the latest spectacle on the web. It momentarily catches their attention, and then they move on to the next bit of hype.

I'm afraid that building blog readership is much like building actual relationships. You can run in the street yelling 'Hello!!' to passersby, and it will get you noticed but not in any meaningful way -- or you can sit down and have a conversation with someone new, and maybe you'll find each other mutually interesting.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit The brrreeeport experiment -- was it worth it? to digg.com reddit

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fai,

I found your site through the brrreeeport meme and put your pic up on flickr where it is getting alot of exposure. 54 views infact and I gave you full credit. I think you are being too hard on the brrreeeport bloggers. brrreeeport is a way to connect and interact. Noisy yes but there are some good signals in there. Check out the link to my new blog future lines. Best regards.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant Kai. Sorry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home