Thursday, March 02, 2006

MODx - Ruby on Rails for the PHP/MySQL crowd



I've posted a few times about my quest to find the ideal CMS, but so far they all fall short of the type of flexibility I need in terms of both design and functionality.

Loz pointed me MODx and I've taken to it like a fish to water.

But don't think of it as a CMS. Think of it as a PHP/MySQL development environment. Which is perfect for me, because I'm always debating whether or not to code something by hand.

MODx neatly splits the programming logic, from the structure for the display (HTML) and the design (CSS).

I'm working on a site with it now, and I think it help me cut a 30-day job down to about 7-days including the learning-curve.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit MODx - Ruby on Rails for the PHP/MySQL crowd to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home