Wednesday, March 22, 2006

TV.com shows the way forward in ads


While I generally dislike TV.com for taking over TV Tome and making it a lot less user-friendly, and a lot more profit-driven -- I think they've hit the nail on the head when it comes to the future of web advertising.

I've mentioned before, and Nielsen-Norman confirms, that people are learning to ignore Google text ads.

My conclusion was that a sponsorship model, where advertisers create a more comprehensive co-branding campaign was a better way to get the message across.

TV.com is doing just that, with an adbanner that is related to the background image.

I only wish I was in the position to implement this idea on a larger scale. It would be easy enough to create a snippet of code to insert into the CSS of the majority of blogs with empty space around their content to create a sponsored background image.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit TV.com shows the way forward in ads to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home