Friday, March 17, 2006

What gets you fined in one country will gain you citizenship in another

I read about a new Dutch citizenship test in which people must watch a topless woman on the beach (to gauge how tolerant they are) -- shortly after I reading about the FCC fines imposed on US television stations. Most notably, the Janet Jackson nip-slip that will cost CBS $500,000.

I find it incredible how conservative America is becoming. When I was living there it seemed like the most liberal place in the world. But now I'm in the UK where they occasionally use the f-word on TV and show the odd bit of nudity, and yet there is no anarchy in the streets, nor are children sticking forks in their eyes to 'get the bad out'.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit What gets you fined in one country will gain you citizenship in another to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home