Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My PC - In Pieces

My PC - RIP
My PC - RIP, originally uploaded by kaioshin.
Upon finding out that my PC would cost over 500.00 GBP to replace the motherboard -- I decided to take it apart and see what I can salvage or reuse.

Unfortunately, this is one extended lesson in why you shouldn't buy an all-in-one machine. The hard drive should plug into any machine, but I can't make heads or tails of anything else.

I've got a lovely 17" widescreen monitor with speakers and I can't use it. And all the special media features like TV-in and A/V-in are attached to the motherboard so I can't just pull out a card and plug it into a new machine.

I have an idea that I could plug the front part (shown here) into a new machine, and that would salvage my monitor, speakers and DVD reader/writer -- but it will mean I'll have to figure out how to attach all these little wires, and there's no instruction booklet.

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit My PC - In Pieces to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home