Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wow -- it's a Wii



I've really wanted a Nintendo Wii since I saw the Tokyo Game Show previews on YouTube. However, with all the fanatics camping outside of stores overnight and pre-ordering the system, I thought it would be well into 2007 when I would finally be able to get one myself.

In the meantime, I'd picked up a DS, and today I thought I'd get another game for the plane trip back to the States.

At Game, I get in the queue with a copy of Cooking Mama DS (yes, really), when the manager comes out and says:

"If you're in the queue at the moment, we have enough Wii's in stock for everyone, but there is a limit of one per customer"

It took a moment to sink in -- every where I'd been today, including this store, had 'sold out' signs posted over their Wii display.

The only catch was that I had to buy 2 games and an extra controller -- but I was planning to do that eventually anyhow. And to top it off, the manager came out from the back with a box of Zelda games -- which is what I wanted but hadn't seen.

So that's Christmas sorted for me then.

view the photo set

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit Wow -- it's a Wii to digg.com reddit

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Wii looks beautiful!I wish Santa will bring me one for Christmas :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home