Friday, January 12, 2007

mp3s need meta tagging for podcasts

As I listen to increasingly more podcasts, one frustration I keep encountering occurs when I am listening to a podcast/radio show that runs for over 40 minutes, and I need to stop it in the middle. Then, if I've quit the player, I have to manually try and find the place where I stopped.

One simple solution would be to add timecodes and labels to the comments field, for instance:

0:00,"chapter 1",2:45,"chapter 2", etc.

And then players could support this information by allowing you to skip ahead by timecode within a single mp3.

It would also be nice if mp3 tags could be given temporary bookmarks -- so I could stop and bookmark it in my iPod and then resume it on my PC.

C'mon lazyweb ... make it happen!

 
Technorati del.icio.us submit mp3s need meta tagging for podcasts to digg.com reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home